Saturday, September 17, 2011

First Week

It has been a week since I have written here.  Things have been kinda going non stop.  I found a piso (apartment) on the west side of town.  It is pretty nice, but like all buildings here, no AC.  Just have to have the window open all the time.  That's okay though since bugs are not really an issue here.  I finally got a bank account open yesterday with Santander, but they still refuse to put money from my traveler's checks in my account.  Still don't know what I am going to do with all that.

My school is filled with very nice and helpful professors, which is nice because Spaniards tend to be stoic and hard to approach.  The students in the one class that I have attended are nice and well behaved so far, and their English is pretty good too.  My roommate Íñigo is pretty cool.  He´s very nice and has helped me out a lot.

I really need to try to figure out the bus route because walking everywhere is pretty tiresome.  I am prolly walking at least seven miles a day, but this will probably change soon enough.  There is a nice grocery store 5 minutes walking from my apartment.  I have a good supply of food now which is good because eating out is quite pricy here.  I need to walk over there today and get some laundry detergent because I really need to do laundry.

Last night, my roommate and I went to the centro to see a parade, but it we waited almost 2 hours and it never started.  There was a workers protest against corporations too.  I took some pics of that too.

So everything is going well except the whole traveler´s check thing, but that is really stressing me out.  I am definitely exhausted, as I took a couple hour nap yesterday and I went to bed at midnight and just woke up at 2 pm.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment