Thursday, September 22, 2011

Excursión


It has been a little while since I have written on here I think.  I don’t remember actually.  Last night my roommate and I went to El Wagón with my roommate.  It is a little venue next to a bar that has live music on Wednesday.  There were two bands from Australia that played, and they were pretty good.  Since I know what it is like to be in a country that does not really speak English, I wanted to talk to them and buy their CDs.  I haven’t listened to them yet.  They were really nice.
Right next to the venue is an old castle that Napoleon attempted to destroy in its entirety, but a lot of the structure still remains.  The castle and the venue are on top of a large hill, and the view is breathtaking.  One morning I am going to go up there with my camera and take some pictures.  You can see the entire town for miles.
Although Fridays are supposed to be free for language assistants, we are all going on a field trip to Segovia tomorrow!  Totally free!  What a treat!  I hear that it is beautiful, and I will be sure to take my camera.
The head of the bilingual program here has a colleague that wants to start up a program to help tutor the athletes here in Burgos in English.  Since many of them are Spanish champions, they are interviewed after races and such, many times in English.  Yesterday, we met up with the team, and they were all very nice.  I didn’t run with them, but I met a lot of good people.  I hope the program takes off.
The classes here at the high school look like they are going to be fun!  However, things are a bit crazy here right now.  Our schedules are still up in the air, and things are not very organized yet, but soon things will change.

1 comment:

  1. That was fun! I am looking forward to reading your list of things you enjoy about Spain. MCHS leaves today for their trip to Spain.

    ReplyDelete